ACPA Events for National Cleft and Craniofacial Awareness Month
ACPA is participating in several events for Cleft and Craniofacial Awareness Month in July. All local members, professionals, families and friends are invited to participate as we celebrate throughout the month.
- Mayor Pam Hemminger and the Town of Chapel Hill are declaring July to be Cleft and Craniofacial Awareness Month in Chapel Hill. ACPA's President-Elect Amelia Drake, MD, director of the UNC Craniofacial Center, will accept the proclamation on behalf of ACPA. She will also speak a few minutes about cleft awareness. The public is welcome to attend the council meeting to see the award presentation on June 26 at 7:00 pm.
- ACPA's Executive Director Wendy Toyama will appear with a member of the ACPA Board on the Nurse Practitioner Show on channel 110 of Sirius/XM radio on July 6 at 5:30 pm. The show, co-hosted by ACPA Board Member Patricia Chibbaro, RN, MS, CPNP, will focus on patients and the team approach to care.
- Wendy will also join Amelia at 11:30 am on July 8 for a special story time at Kidzu Children’s Museum in Chapel Hill. They will be reading We're All Wonders by RJ Palacio and talking about cleft and craniofacial awareness and acceptance. Included with museum admission.
- ACPA is holding an awareness and fundraising event at Orangetheory Fitness in Chapel Hill. Join members of the ACPA National Office team for a fitness class on July 15 at 2:00 pm. The class is $30 for cardio and strength interval training. All proceeds will benefit ACPA's goal of building cleft and craniofacial awareness and improving patient care. Call 919-883-9424 to reserve your spot.
- ACPA has invited local teams, patients, and families to attend an awareness event at the Durham Bulls game at 7:05 pm on July 20. Tickets can be purchased through June 30 on www.ticketreturn.com with the username and password "cleft awareness". Anyone purchasing tickets after June 30 should buy in Section 208, Rows T-Y.
Contact ACPA or call 919-933-9044 for more information.