Journal - All dues-paying members receive The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, a bi-monthly international journal on craniofacial anomalies. The Journal draws from around the world for its interdisciplinary approach to growth, development, diagnosis, and treatment -- the provision of optimal clinical services -- in all areas pertaining to craniofacial anomalies. The Journal explores and reports on the study and treatment, including experimental and proven surgical procedures, of cleft lip/palate and craniofacial anomalies. It also keeps readers in touch with the latest research in related laboratory sciences.
Meetings - All members are entitled to attend all scientific and educational meetings of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association at reduced registration fees. Regular meetings include the annual convention, pre-conference symposia, and regional programs which focus in-depth on one topic.
ACPA/CPF Newsletter - All members receive the ACPA/CPF Newsletter, a quarterly publication focusing on ACPA activities such as meeting highlights, Board and Council notes, Committee progress, members news and new members, international missions, and other information of interest to ACPA members.
Cleftserve - All new members who provide ACPA with an email address are automatically subscribed to "Cleftserve," ACPA's exclusive listserve. Subscribers are able to broadcast subjects ranging from clinical management questions to searches for support groups across an interdisciplinary membership of users. To change or check your cleftserve status, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACPA Service Center (ASC) - our newest website feature. In the ASC, you can access "members only" content like past newsletters, past annual meeeting abstracts, and the ACPA Job Board. You can also pay your membership dues, register for ACPA events online, and update your member profile. We are constantly adding new content and welcome your suggestions!
Cleft Palate Foundation (CPF) - The individuals and families you serve benefit greatly from the services of CPF.
- Over 5,000 requests for information are received via phone and email by CLEFTLINE each year. That averages 16 families served each day!
- Over 15,000 brochures, pamphlets, and fact sheets are sent free of charge each year to affected individuals and families.
- You can help bring smiles to the faces of over 3,550 children through the “Bears for Kids” project.
You, the members of ACPA, benefit from the services of CPF.
- Most of the families that call CLEFTLINE are looking for team referrals. CPF helps these families find your team!
- With one phone call, you can obtain comprehensive, up-to-date information pamphlets for patients and their families.
- CPF administers four research grants to members, totaling $35,000 each year.
- Other Publications - Other informational mailings are distributed to members throughout the year. Documents produced by the Association, such as Parameters for Evaluation and Treatment of Cleft Lip/Palate or Other Craniofacial Anomalies, are available free or at reduced rates to members.